Typing Hints, Tips, & Tricks
- McCallum's Awesome iPhone Period Tip
- Use the Force - Trust the iPhone's auto-correction software. Try to type without looking for errors after every keystroke. You'll find that the software is pretty accurate and most of your mistakes will be fixed.
- Turn on Caps Lock - Want to type in all caps and annoy your email recipients? Your iPhone's caps lock function is not turned on by default. Go here to change that: Settings > General > Keyboard, then slide the Enable Caps Lock option to the On position. To enable during typing, quickly double tap the SHIFT key (another quick tap turns it off).
- Quick Access to Punctuation Marks or Numbers - Press and hold the "@123" (or "?123") key. The punctuation keyboard will appear, then drag your finger to the punctuation you want, and release and you will be brought back to the default keyboard. - Sent by: Steven
- Apostrophes - When typing common words with apostrophes (I'm, don't, won't, etc...), just type the word without an apostrophe, iPhone will suggest the correct version. When trying to type words such as we're, just type weree. - Sent by: John R.
Submit Typing Tips & Tricks
Please send your tips & tricks and receive an awesome limited edition pat on the back.